Written By Roi Plata on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 | 4:53:00 PM
Have you read the article "I Would Rather Go Hungry Than Eat Filipino Street Food Again? This is a review written by a travel blogger from Poland, Agness Walewinder. According to her website, Etramping.com is about travelling the world for less than $25 a day.

Many filipino netizens react negatively after reading the review. Personally, it did pisses me off not only with the one who wrote it but also to my fellow Filipino who had been asked  for a traditional breakfast and gave them a bunch of fruits, coffee and cakes filled with jam? seriously? Im just a normal Filipino but I never had an apple or banana for breakfast, maybe after eating my 'traditional breakfast' but not right after waking up. That is if she really asked someone for a traditional breakfast.

If you will ask me or any other Pinoy for a Filipino traditional breakfast, there some that will instantly pop in my head. Pandesal, Tuyo, Tinapa, Tapsilog or any meat that you like to mix with fried rice and egg. She probably ask a wrong person and eat in wrong places.

She also mentioned that she suffered a lot of illness while staying in the Philippines like massive migraine, diarrhea, dizziness, mood swing and feeling tired. Take note, she's a travel blogger, she travels a lot. Blaming the food for having PMS?


She posted a photo of a hot-dog sandwich which I'm pretty sure that is been bought in a convenience store. Filipino are not stupid to not know the difference between a hot-dog and longganisa. Making up a story? I think so.

Using my country to bring to attention to her blog is pathetic. After she received lot of comments and traffic on her previous post "Impression of Philippines" and realizing how proud and sensitive Filipino are. she take an advantage of it by criticizing the "traditional food".

I feel sorry for her for not having the best food in the country, or maybe she had but decided not to write a review about it because it will be a lot better traffic for her blog if she criticize it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top